Cleaning a leather sofa isn't just about removing the general dust and dirt from the surface; it's about ensuring that the entire couch is in top condition with no stains, dirt, or signs of wear. Read on for some helpful tips for cleaning your leather sofa.
1) Get Rid of Stains - To start with, it's important that you remove any stains from your leather couch before trying to tackle any other aspects of cleaning it. If you're still struggling with the stain after trying to clean it, get some professional help. A professional upholstery cleaner can help you get rid of any stubborn stains from your leather sofa and ensure that it's in top shape in no time.
2) Clean Away Dust and Dirt - Once any stains have been taken care of, it's time to move onto the general dust and dirt on your couch. This will be a relatively easy task to accomplish. Start off by vacuuming the couch using a soft attachment, it doesn't matter whether you choose to vacuum upholstery or carpet setting, just make sure it's not too hard or too soft.
3) Wipe Down the Sofa - After vacuuming your sofa, wipe it down with a damp cloth. Avoid using anything like ammonia based cleaners or straight up water as this can affect the leather on your couch.
4) Apply Leather Conditioner - For leather conditioner, make sure it's specifically designed for use on leather sofas. There are many different options and it can be difficult to know which one to go for. Generally, you'll want to apply a layer of conditioner every month or two (depending on how much your sofa is used).
5) Prevent Future Stains - If you'd like to keep your upholstery clean for longer, consider getting a protective cover. Most leather covers are designed not only to prevent damage from sunlight but also from general wear and tear. They're particularly useful if you have children or pets running around the house and they'll save time cleaning the couch each week.
If you need professional cleaning for your leather sofa, get in touch with cleaningPRO. We are a professional cleaner company in Auckland with over a decade of experience in the industry.
Harry Virk is the director of CleaningPro Auckland. He has years of experience in the cleaning industry and his company is expert at providing exceptional cleaning services in Auckland. He has a passion for helping people and making sure that their homes are clean, tidy, and ready for visitors.