Flood Restoration Auckland
Flood Restoration Auckland / Carpet Drying / Water Damage Restoration
Over 137000 buildings are prone to floods in Auckland. This means that water damage may be inevitable in some circumstances and can damage your property. As devastating as this may sound, believe it or not, there is still a bright side even to this gloomy ordeal. The bright side is that our flood restoration service in Auckland means that you don’t have to replace your wet carpet after the flooding damage has occurred. Instead, you can call Cleaningpro to help bring your carpet back to life with our professional carpet drying service. CleaningPro provides water damage Restoration Service in Auckland. We use advanced structural drying techniques to quickly and efficiently dry the wet carpet. Our technicians visit water damage restoration site every 24/48 hours to check the progress of carpet drying.
Cause and effects of water damage
From leaky old pipes to dripping roofs, due to torrential rains, faulty water lines to corroded tubing, water troubles can come in the form of any one or combination of these. What ensues next is no less than a disaster! First, the place starts getting fully soaked in the boundaries and damp in the middle. Then it starts to smell dank and musty. The walls get discoloured and the carpet becomes a disgusting wet squishy mess. Last but not least, enters the mould and mildew. The greenish-brown and totally unwanted growth set up roots in the dampness and is a total nightmare. Standing water can cause mould growth in as little as 36 hours. It will make flood restoration services more substantial and costly. Suffice to say within hours of house flooding, the place becomes downright inhabitable!
Well, whenever there is a problem, there is always a solution. The solution to all water woes is flood restoration. When googled water damage restoration Auckland, produces a list of businesses and companies that help in water removal, carpet restoration and drying. Now, most companies when hired to clean out the mess, simply start with an aggressive approach from day one. They tear down the walls and frameworks that are waterlogged. They also rip off the destroyed carpets and sometimes even the hardwood floors.
However, such companies miss out on a very important aspect of flood restoration: carpet drying. It is essential to dry out the place first but many carpet cleaners do not do so simply because it takes too long.
Why hire CleaningPro to dry you flooded property:
- CleanignPro employs IICRC certified technicians with the highest quality skill and experience in restoring flood-affected properties.
- We are available on call 24/7 and arrive on site within an hour of the first call. This reduces the risk of water mitigation to the unaffected area.
- We hold a huge inventory of commercial grade dehumidifiers and air movers. This ensures we can handle multiple jobs at a time. Huge inventory also allows us to finish the job quickly as we can install sufficient equipment to dry the flooded home.
- CleaningPro team of highly skilled technicians are equipped with the most modern equipment for flood damage assessment and diagnosis. We carry portable thermos-hygrometers, thermal imaging cameras, moisture sensors, and moisture meters for quick and effective on-site damage assessment.
- Our state of the art rotovac 360i, water claw and truck mounted extractors are the most professional water extraction tools available on the market. These machines are designed to remove up to 91% of the water from flood-affected underlays and carpets. These tools allow a much quicker drying of carpet as most of the water is already extracted.
- We have seven flood restoration teams working around Auckland. This gives us the capability to respond to multiple client calls at a time.
- We have bigger vehicles e.g. Mercedes Sprinter, LDV V80 and Ford Transit as compare to our competitors. They deploy much smaller vehicles mostly, much smaller sized Toyota Hiace. Our flood restoration service vehicles have the capacity to carry up to 20 blower and 8 dehumidifiers at one time. This drastically reduces our transportation costs and response time (as well as working time at the site).
- All teams are company owned and operated. This will save you from the hassle of dealing with multiple contractors simultaneously. You will deal with one person all the time.
How do we do it?
Water damage restoration is a process that requires skill, we are a professional carpet drying service and flood restoration service in Auckland. The restoration process requires us to use industrial dehumidifiers to ensure that there is no mould or foul smell in the carpets. The wet carpet is dehumidified using air movers and heated air movers. The underlay and carpet are dried in order to prevent the growth of mould. The carpet can also be removed and the carpet padding can be replaced if our skilled professionals feel it is necessary to do so. Equipment such as a water claw is used to extract the maximum amount of the water the carpet and from the padding of the carpet.
The team will then undertake steps to ensure that before they leave your carpet is; dry, clean and safe to use. Professional water damage restoration or carpet drying service not only drys the carpets but also sanitises them so they are safe to use. We do our task so meticulously that it seems like the damage was never done. Your carpet will turn out as good as new. If you require more information regarding flood restoration in Auckland, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our teams are available 24 hours 7 days a week and response service is fast in case of a flood emergency. We are normally on site with 1-2 hours. Make your flood damaged carpets as good as brand new with expert service.
Wet Carpet Restoration:
Flood water removal from flooded carpet is a significant part of the restoration. We use modern machines for water removal from the wet carpet without further damaging it. Then our experienced water damage cleanup and restoration technicians clean the carpet to remove mud and the musky odour. We take care to preserve the colour and fabric of the carpet. We use the latest structural drying methods and equipment to quickly and efficiently reduce your costs. With a combination of air movers/carpet dryers and dehumidifiers, it may be possible to return any room to its pre-flood condition. We test every square meter of carpet with a digital moisture meter to make sure it is completely dry.
Why do I need to get my carpet dried?
Do you pride yourself to be healthy and clean? Do you believe that you are giving yourself and your family a safe and healthy home? The truth is if you failed to restore water damage to your carpet you are allowing the greater hazard to trespass than you think. Leaky roofs, damaged pipelines and water damage is not something that should be taken lightly or overlooked.
The smallest leaks can lead to mould in the house. This can have serious implications for your health and is particularly dangerous if you have children in the house.
If there is excessive moisture in your flooring it can have the following impact:
- It may lead to the growth of bacteria and mould under your flooring
- Your home’s air quality can be damaged
- Structural support and building foundation may be damaged or cracked.
- May result in expensive repairs.
This is why you need a professional water damage restoration service to identify the leak and restore the water damage.
The Water Restoration Process:
We are proud to claim ourselves to be specialists in providing a complete range of flood restoration services in Auckland. CleaningPro Flood restoration Auckland employ state of the art structural drying technology for quick and effective drying of any flooded areas.
The process of water damage cleanup starts with an exhaustive inspection of the property in question. It involves a thorough inspection of ceilings, walls and floors.
Step 1: Inspection
It is only a professional who can truly asses the flood damage caused to your property. The inspection is designed and performed to determine the volume of water damage. By classifying and categorising the extent of damage caused by water, we prepare the strategy to best restore the damage caused by flood water.
Classification of Damage caused by flood water:
- Class 1 is the damage caused by minimum absorption of water and moisture involving some part of a room. In technical terms, it is the minimum level of damage. (less than 5% of the total building is affected by the flood)
- Class 2 damage involves moisture effected walls and complete carpeting of a full room. (5-40% water damage to the building)
- Class 3 damage is considered to be one of the worst flood effect scenarios in which the moisture saturates almost the complete building. In class 3 damage, the ceilings are also badly affected. (above 40% building is flooded)
- Class 4 damage classification is a special category. It is assigned if surfaces like stone, hardwood and concrete are water damaged and require special drying equipment and techniques for restoration.
Categories of Flood Damage:
- Category 1. It includes water damaged caused by clean water sources like ruptured or leaking water supply pipes and malfunctioning flush tanks etc. It is important to note that Category 1 water damage carries the potential to escalate to Category 2 and 3 if the damage is not controlled and restored in time.
- Category 2. It is a more serious type of damage caused by detergent carrying grey water from dishwasher or washing machine spills. Urine contaminated water from toilet leakages also falls within this category.
- Category 3. It is the most serious class of water damage involving most hazardous water that has the disease-causing potential. This is also called black water flooding. Such damage is attributable to sewerage, natural floods and other forms of stagnant infective water carrying dangerous microscopic life.
Step 2: Water Removal from your property
We prepare water removal plans based on powerful vacuums and extraction pumps. The nature and type of equipment applied is in relation to the nature of damage caused by water. Our top priority is to remove water in order to stop the possible growth of bacteria and mould.
Step 3: Drying the premises
After having removed and pumped out the damaging water from your property, the next step is the dehumidification to dry out any existing moisture. It is critical for restoration to be effective since moisture can result in the aggressive growth of rot and mould. The drying process can typically take a number of days to accomplish, depending upon the nature and extent of water damage. It also involves wet carpet drying.
Step 4: Cleaning of household items
Household items are most delicate and easily affected by water damage. We take great care in ensuring that all the household items and personal belongings are thoroughly cleansed. This sanitisation is a must to ensure prevention of bacterial appearance and mould from forming. As a standard measure, we treat all affected personal clothing, drapery and carpeting with antimicrobial chemicals for total decontamination. We deploy air scrubbers to purify and cleanse the air from suspended particles and moisture. It improves the air quality of the building.
Step 5: Restoration
The final and most critical step in flood restoration Auckland is the restoration itself. The process requires the replacement of drywall and insulation materials. In lesser damage situations, the restoration process may involve the installation of a few drywall panels. In more serious flood damage scenario, the replacement of complete walls may as well be carried out. We always take extreme care in eliminating chances of exposure to toxic and hazardous substances like asbestos and lead. Such exposure to toxic materials is more likely in homes built 25 years or more in the past.
In certain water damage situations, the leakage can remain undetected for a long time. This is more relevant to minimal water leakages in drainage pipes or roof. Such leaks allow free growth of mould in confined spaces like the ceiling. The restoration process in such cases is much more painstaking and time-consuming.
It is important to Act Fast
No matter what is the source or scale of water damage, it is of paramount importance to remove every bit of water affected materials and contamination as soon as possible. EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) recommends disposing of any materials that remain uncleaned and wet for over 48 hours in a water damage situation. It is important to understand that such materials provide an ideal opportunity for hazardous microorganisms to reproduce and spread in an unrestricted fashion. It is only by removing such hazardous materials that you can improve the quality of breathing air in your house. This is also vital for the restoration process.
Flood Restoration Prices:
There might be other charges depending on the type of flood and material affected. It includes but not limited to browning treatment, content cleaning, rubbish disposal, underlay/carpet replacement, antimicrobial treatment and any building work required. Please note that for water extraction after hours, we charge time and a half (i.e extra $10 per sqm). For contaminated water (category 2/3 flooding), we may charge $30-$50 per sqm. It depends on the extent of the damage.
Depending on the type of floor and extent of damage, we may need to use dehumidifiers and air dryers for more than 48 Hours. Drying the carpet might typically take 2-3 days. To dry structure and walls it might take 5-7 days or more. Our flood restoration technician will visit the site every day to assess the recovery.
Please check our carpet cleaning service also.
*For properties requiring extra efforts +25%
**Parking is the customer’s responsibility, where parking is not available, the customer will pay the costs incurred by parking.
Water extraction & cleaning $20 Per SQM, Commercial dehumidifier $125 per night, Blower dryer $69 per night, Site Inspection $59 each visit, Equipment Pickup & Delivery $160