Green-hued spores of multiple fungi form together and cause green mold around the house. Green mold is not a particular type of mold; it may appear in different colors and forms. The scientific names usually are Cladosporium, Aspergillus, and Penicillium, which combine in various forms and project a green-colored mold.
As compared to other kinds of mold, white, grey, black, etc., how dangerous is green mold? Keep on reading to know more about the removal methods and the level of hazardousness of green mold:
It grows as a fuzzy and powdery layer in areas that are exposed to water. You will find green mold growing in spaces with water problems or areas with moisture. Green mold might appear bright or dark green, depending on the area and environment.
Mold growth is likely to happen in areas that are exposed to moisture, mildew, and water. If your house has plumbing issues or your crawl spaces and basement don’t have a proper ventilation system, you will likely find mold infestation there. Apart from moisture, it also grows on rotten fruits and vegetables, especially in a colder and humid climate.
Short answer? Yes! Green mold or any kind of mold is dangerous for any living being, especially your pets. You might want to instantly seal any areas where you detect the growth of green mold. If your house has been exposed to mold infestation for a long time, it is preferred that you seek professional help. However, if, due to minor issues, you are experiencing green mold growth in your house for the first time, it can be handled with a few tips.
Green mold spores in the air can cause respiratory issues. People with breathing difficulties and asthma patients are advised to avoid mold growth as it can cause lung inflammation with constant coughing.
Green mold infestation can be a huge concern in dry and damp areas. If you are experiencing a major mold infestation, you must call professionals to deal with the situation. Minor green mold growth is reportedly fixed with a few hacks:
Other than these hacks, people have been using Hydrogen Peroxide and Mold cleaners to avoid spreading it to the house's foundation through walls and ceilings.
Leave the space ventilated or crack open a window to allow fresh air or sunlight into the space. These minor adjustments can cause a major impact, and your room will not smell moist anymore.
Limit the use of appliances. Appliances usually emit heat when they are turned ON. Keep them off when you are not using them, or shift them into a more ventilated, open space area for air to pass.
Inspect any damages that you find. Green mold does not take much time to grow. It thrives on anything damp and unclean. That is why you must disinfect, ventilate, and dry an area with any potential for green mold infestation.
Harry Virk is the director of CleaningPro Auckland. He has years of experience in the cleaning industry and his company is expert at providing exceptional cleaning services in Auckland. He has a passion for helping people and making sure that their homes are clean, tidy, and ready for visitors.